Development Director- Volunteer Position
GlobalGrace Fellowship is a mission sending agency based in the Los Angeles area with missionaries in 40+ countries. We are in search of many new partners and missionaries to help fulfill Christ’s commission to go and make disciples of all nations. Desiring to put feet to our prayers in asking God to send laborers in the fields that are ripe unto harvest, we help those who God has called to go into the world and make a difference! We are especially desirous of getting into more UUPG’s (Unengaged and Unreached People Groups). GGF is seeking a volunteer who can share the vision of GGF with potential donors, especially high capacity donors.
GGF is looking for someone who has been very successful in their particular field but may now be looking for a new challenge with eternal significance. The ideal person would be someone who has operated in the financial or business world and can speak to others with this kind of background and financial resources. Successful people from many other backgrounds can also fill this role well.
This can be done on a part-time or full-time basis. The ideal person will be self-funded and perhaps in semi or full retirement.
- Passion for and understanding of GlobalGrace Fellowship
- Ability to effectively promote GlobalGrace Fellowship mission and values
- Integrity, intellectual agility, and demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Creativity, drive, enthusiasm and initiative to carry projects to conclusion
- Both a coach and a respected strategist who can encourage staff and motivate board members to participate in direct solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship activities
- Articulate with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively in a compelling, creative, clear and concise manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with community leaders, Board members, prospects, donors, and volunteers
Primary Roles and Duties:
- Cultivate major donors, expand donor base, coordinate solicitations, special appeals, and outreach
- Develop and execute a fundraising plan to increase contributions from various sources: foundations, individuals, and socially responsible corporations
- Plan and manage logistics of all fundraising events, conferences, and special events
- Oversee production of all print and virtual public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters, updates, and annual reports
- Produce competitive, timely, well-researched, and well-written proposals and grant applications
- Stay up-to-date on foundation and corporate philanthropic trends, best practices, and industry developments
POSITION: The Development Director takes direction from and reports to the Executive Director on projects and activities related to fundraising as well as grant writing and tracking.