Uniqueness and Strength
Our passion is to see people of all nations surrender to Jesus Christ and His life-giving grace.
One of our areas of strength is that we welcome any missionary with a God-given vision that advances the Great Commission. Most mission agencies require you to fit their vision. We do not recruit missionaries to fulfill our vision, but instead, accept missionaries with a God-given vision and endorsement by their sending U.S. church and enable them to do what the Lord has called them to do. We are fully committed to advancing the Great Commission, but totally flexible in the ways our missionaries do this.
GGF is also very open regarding age, training, and background. We are excited to help retired Christians enter a second career in missions. While all candidates are expected to have good Bible knowledge, ministry skills, and missions understanding, we have no minimal academic requirements for service. We do consider a diploma from an accredited Bible institute or the equivalent in formal education or Christian service and seminary training to be desirable. Over the years, GGF missionaries have come from a wide range of professions—baking, building contracting, management, carpentry, programming, engineering, teaching, factory work, financial administration, hospital administration, journalism, nursing, pastoring, photojournalism, secretarial work, wholesale trading, and more, but their common thread is a passion and vision for advancing the Great Commission.
We are flexible in partnering with churches and other agencies to place cross-cultural workers around the globe. We work as closely with churches as they desire, and we are working in partnership with several mission agencies.
In our missionaries' own words:
- "Unwavering Biblical foundations."
- "The quality of service is superb."
- "Unique provision for missionaries needing sponsorship and home-end assistance."
- "Freedom for missionaries to fulfill their God-given vision."
- "A strong, authentic spiritual flexibility that enriches and demonstrates God's inclusive desire in building His Kingdom."
- "Enables field-driven strategies."
- "Sweet spirit, spirit of service, very cordial, efficient, patient and accommodating."
- "Strong believers who have many years of experience in missions and in ministry."
- "Encourages "out of the box" thinking about missions."
- "Visits missionaries on the field, encouraging, connecting, and helping refine vision."
- "Promptly answers questions."
- "Encourages healthy reflection and strategic prayer and planning through the annual report process."
- "Personal touch' is a hallmark of GGF's work with missionaries."
- "Helps maintain contact with supporters."
- "Provides prompt receipts and financial services."
- "Deducts a minimal amount for overhead."
- "Strong tradition and firm commitment to Biblical values and evangelism."
- "Provides an essential role in the Body of Christ for innovative/entrepreneurial workers who would otherwise have difficulty in fully exercising their gifts."
- "We can feel love; we know you pray for us."