Country: England


Length: Short and Long Term

Minimum Education: High School Equivalency



The Oakes Holiday Center is a Christian camp that reaches out to the kids in Sheffield, where over 2,000 young people enjoy an action-packed holiday each year, all the while exploring the Christian message in an engaging way. The majority of people there under the age of 18 don’t attend church or have any church contact, so we aim to explain the significance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our prayer is for many young people to respond to their need for God

Cultural Information:

Owing to England's influential position within the United Kingdom it can sometimes be difficult to differentiate English culture from the culture of the United Kingdom as a whole. However, since Anglo-Saxon times, England has had its own unique culture, apart from Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish culture. Humor, tradition and good manners are characteristics commonly associated with being English. England has played a significant role in science, drama, literature, technology, democracy, music, and folklore. Many of the world's most important technological advancements and inventions were made in England by English people. English culture has had a profound impact across the world.

Geographic Information:

England comprises most of the central and southern two-thirds of the island of Great Britain, in addition to a number of small islands of which the largest is the Isle of Wight. England is bordered to the north by Scotland and to the west by Wales.

Health Considerations:

Many of the health problems experienced by travelers cannot be prevented by vaccinations and other measures need to be taken. These include food and water safety, accident prevention, care with sun exposure, avoiding insect bites and animal bites, and practicing good respiratory hygiene.

Equipment to Bring:

If you will be traveling with medication (including over the counter medication) you should check for any restrictions on medications before you travel, you can do this by contacting the embassy of the country you're visiting.